Sunday, December 19, 2010

Responsibility....like it or not, here it comes!

It seems like our lives are changing faster with every waking moment, so I decided to start a blog to try to keep up with it all. Hopefully this urge will stick, but if I hold true to myself, I'll probably slack off after a little while. :) Here goes!

Well, life has rapidly changed over the past year or so. Here's a quick run-down of the past year and a half for all of you that we haven't seen in a while. Brian and I got married in September 2009. The wedding was perfect, and the reception after was even better. Lots of dancing, hugging, and lots of wonderful people to share it with. It was a blast! In April of 2010, I changed positions at work (Savannah Morning News, the newspaper in Savannah and the surrounding area) to a Muti-Media Account Executive. That's a fancy term for advertising sales rep. I enjoy not being tied to a desk all day long, except for when it's cold, windy, and/or raining outside. In May 2010, I graduated with my Master's of Business Administration from Georgia Southern. That was quite shocking, considering what a struggle high school was. But, I did it, and I have the piece of paper to prove it.

In the Spring of 2010, Brian started his own business. My name is on it too, but he does everything. I just try to keep track of the money and bills. And figure out what kind of free advertising we can take advantage of. :) He's always said he is going to own his own business one day, so we figured out how to make it happen! It's called Commercial Hood Services. He cleans restaurant hood systems and vents. It's just a "side" thing right now, he only does it at night and on the weekends so he can continue to work his regular job as a Service Foreman at Fire Tech Services. It's been quite an experience so far, and he's getting busier every day!

In July of 2010, we had a scare with Brian's regular job. Corporate came down and shut all the doors one day, with no warning. Brian was only out of work for about 24 hours, though. The old owner and some other investors bought the company back, and hired Brian back. So, crisis averted!

In August, we decided to "see what happens" and started trying to get pregnant. Apparently God had a baby waiting on us, because it happened right away! Neither of us could believe it. I think of all those people who have trouble getting pregnant, and wonder what in the world we did to get so lucky. We have a healthy baby boy on the way, and I am 20 weeks today. It's so crazy how your whole view on life changes in an instant. I never realized what a miracle a baby was until I became pregnant. They start out as three teeny cells, and magically grow into a human being. My 9 week ultrasound was when everything hit me. I used to be VERY pro-choice, and still am to an extent. However, I could never imagine doing anything to hurt my little boy! I'm already struggling with the fact that I will have to go back to work when he is 3 months old. Right now, I'm able to feel some kicks and punches and it is truly the best feeling in the world. I can't wait until Brian can feel him move on the outside of my belly. He can't wait either, he keeps trying to feel it! We decided to name him Wells Emory Persinger. We came up with the name Wells, and Emory comes from my Dad's side of the family. It's my Dad and my Brother's middle name. Wells is SO active, he wouldn't sit still during my last ultrasound. But, he was cooperative enough to show the nurse all of his organs, legs, hands, feet, spine, all of his body parts. He's perfect! Only 20 more weekd to go.....

It's still hard for me to believe that Brian and I are going to be parents. I keep telling myself that if God thinks we are ready, then we are! One of the things that is very reassuring is that we have such a wonderful and reliable support system. Brian's family is 5 minutes away and always willing to help. My parents are 4 hours away, and moving furthur away, but I am confident they will be down quite frequently to see thier very first grand baby. I am sure my Mom will be getting many 3am phone calls. She's been my emotional go-to person my entire life, and I'm going to need her more than ever when Wells is here! Plus, we just couldn't have a better group of friends. Near and far, they have been so supportive and are so excited for us. They say it takes a village to raise a child, and we truly have the best village anyone could dream of!

No comments:

Post a Comment